We fell short on June 10th. Sometimes you can run the best campaign and still not cross the finish line, but not because of the amazing efforts of each of you.
In this race I am proud that we stood up for:
- Working people—to get fair wages and a fair deal
- A cleaner environment—including an aggressive response to climate change
- Protecting and expanding the Affordable Care Act
- Fair treatment for immigrants and comprehensive immigration reform
- An end to the epidemic of senseless gun violence
I know that Ambassador Beyer will be a strong voice in Washington – in particular to combat climate change and gun violence. I look forward to working with him to improve the lives of Virginians.
You should all be proud of what we accomplished in this campaign, just as I am so proud to have had your support.
While we were not successful last evening, I am fortunate to continue to represent the people of the 30th Senate District and fight every day to represent our shared values.
This has been an honor and a humbling experience to seek our party's nomination. For that, I thank you.